[WEB4LIB] Win98SE to W2K

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Mon Apr 9 16:54:27 EDT 2001

> I am purchasing new computers for our library's lab and we are
> currently running Win98SE and the new ones we are getting have W2K.
> Is there any advantages with Win2000 and the internet and is there
> any advantages to Security.

Win2K is essentially Windows NT 5.0, so you'll get the same advantages in
terms of reliability and security you would if you were using NT 4 now
instead of 98.  I don't think you'll see any real advantages in
network/Internet connectivity over 98 (unless you plan to turn on IP
security)

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/