FrontPage 2000 question

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Fri Apr 6 11:49:47 EDT 2001

I have a very basic question for FP2000 users but I haven't been able to
find the answer to this.  Here it goes:

Is there a way to make web pages in FP2000 "read-only" so that they can be
used as templates?  I want staff to be able to use a pre-defined template
but I don't want the template over-written.

Now, a couple of additions.

1) I don't want to use FP's built-in template function as it adds steps to
the process that I want to avoid.

2) I've already tried setting the file permissions to read-only - this is
on WinNT 4 - but FP2000 doesn't seem to recognize this setting.  Might I
have to play around with the files in the "_private" directories too?

I appreciate if anyone can provide a hint on a simple way to do this!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI