[WEB4LIB] Technology Consultants

Lori Bowen Ayre LBAyre at galecia.com
Sun Apr 1 15:04:02 EDT 2001

Hillary,

This has been something that has mystified me as well.  As a library
technology consultant, I would like to find these directories so I can list
myself in them!  But after many exhaustive searches, these two are the only
online listings I've been able to find.

http://acqweb.library.vanderbilt.edu/acqweb/pubr/opac.html
http://www.libraryhq.com/consultants.html

Libraries seem to use technology consultants provided by the vendors (which
doesn't seem like a good idea to me in terms of finding someone objective)or
from personal referrals (a much better idea, if you have contacts who can
help you).  There seems to be a world of "library building consultants" and
I seem to recall finding such a list on the ALA website once, but no list of
"library technology consultants."

That said, I would be happy to have you pass my name along especially for
anyone pursuing digitization projects as that is one of my areas of
expertise.  More info about my company can be found at
http://www.galecia.com/clients/libraries.html.

Lori Bowen Ayre
Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group