[WEB4LIB] Re: CSS-2 "solution" and Font Tags

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Apr 19 16:57:30 EDT 2001

Charles isn't far off the mark about CSS in Netscape 4.  Here's an
interesting article that explains why that is:

http://css.nu/articles/About-JSSS.html

In some ways, it's amazing that CSS works at all in Netscape 4.

There's no reason to wait for the death of Netscape 4 to implement CSS.
Mozilla, Netscape 6, and IE 6 are largely standards compliant.  The various
flavors of IE 5.x have decent levels of support with some bugs and the
various other browsers like Opera are getting there.  Plus, you can
implement CSS without "breaking" Netscape 4.  Last time I checked the
server logs, there were still people visiting with Netscape and IE 3!!  If
you're going to wait until Netscape 4 dies, it might be a while!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI