fun with xml

Eric Lease Morgan eric_morgan at ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 3 14:53:44 EDT 2001

I have done some experimentation with XML for the past couple of months, and
I have written a bit about this process in an essay called "Fun with XML"
complete with a number of examples at the following URL:

  http://bliss.lib.ncsu.edu/xml/fun.html

>From the introduction and conclusion:

  This text outlines the process I used to learn a bit about XML,
  Extensible Markup Language. In a nutshell, XML is an operating
  system-independent, standards-based method for marking up text
  and data for the purposes of sharing information between
  computers and ultimately people. XML and its associated
  technologies provide a means for libraries to collect, organize,
  archive, and disseminate information in a manner more in tune
  with the current digitally networked environment.... I found my
  explorations into XML to be fun and exciting. Because I was
  describing, manipulating, and disseminating data and information
  I found myself doing real library work.

Tell me what you thinque.

--
Eric Lease Morgan