Making clip art available on LAN

Smith, Barbara BSmith at imls.gov
Tue Apr 3 12:05:02 EDT 2001

My colleagues want to have a wide variety of clip art available to them
through our office LAN. We do a lot of presentations and would like to
improve our
internal documents and publications.  Using what Microsoft has available has
not met the demand.  I'm looking into some of the Corel Gallery series of
clip art, but they seem to be more consumer-oriented than designed for
offices.  They come with lots of CDs.  The software reseller recommends five
"concurrent licenses, but I'm not sure how that would work on a LAN.  We
want to make the clips available to about 45 people, all in a central site.

Have you come up with a good solution?  I'd be particularly interested in
which software package(s) and how you've set them up.  And has it met
demand?

TIA, Barbara Smith
Barbara G. Smith,  Technology Officer
Institute of Museum and Library Services
1100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Room 802
Washington, DC 20506

voice:    202/606-5254
fax:       202/606-1077