Best "usable" library sites

Brian Cockburn cockbuba at jmu.edu
Tue Apr 3 11:22:46 EDT 2001

As promised, here is the list of library sites that are considered by this
list as “usable” sites.

http://www.morehead-st.edu/units/library/

http://www.ahsl.arizona.edu/

http:// www.chipublib.org <http://www.chipublib.org/>

http://www.multnomah.lib.or.us/lib/index.html

http://www.nypl.org/

http://www.rcls.org/

Now I only got about 4 people responding so either there are no good library
sites as related to usability or maybe there is a lack of understanding
about why I am asking this group.  So

I could identify 4 or 5 “best usability practices” library sites, but I want
to take myself out of that part of the study.  I was looking to get some
kind of consensus or majority agreement on this so that when we, at JMU,
begin “user workflow modeling” we can test various solutions of intuitive
effectiveness with our users.

So if anybody has other suggestions for well-designed usability-conscious
library sites, I would still appreciate them.

Thanks

BAC

Brian Cockburn
Digital Services Librarian