WEB Presence for the Library

Warren Murphy wmurphy at bama.ua.edu
Tue Apr 3 08:58:14 EDT 2001

We need to restructure the way we handle our web presence for the
delivery of services in the library.  We would like to add a new
position to coordinate WEB related activities for delivery of services.
We operate in a Solaris/apache environment and make extensive use of
perl scripting, Java scripting and database harvesting.  The title of
WEBMASTER is over used so we are looking at maybe WEB Services
Coordinator or WEB Services Analyst.  Can anyone offer job descriptions
which you are using or have used in your environment; minimum
requirements, skill levels, salary levels.  This process gets harder
each day as we compete with industry for qualified people.  All comments
and examples will be appreciated.

--
Warren Murphy, Systems Officer
University Libraries