Gateway Profiles and Printing

Danny Weiss dweiss at rivint.com
Thu Sep 28 15:05:19 EDT 2000

Here's a thorny one maybe someone could help me with. I have some of the
Gateway Profile machines in the library (the thinline monitor & motherboard
in one combo). It works great - runs Win98, etc. -- We've been using them
for PACs without a hitch (network card gets us on the web and so on) but we
didn't hook up any printers as it wasn't necessary on these PAC only
stations. We just moved one of these Profiles (about 1 year old at this
point -- the first model they offered) and tried to get a printer going to
no avail. The printer works as does the cable, we're using the Drivers it
shipped with and I can even print from the Profile to the printer (Epson
Color 640 Injet) from DOS but Not Windows --- the Epson status monitor
launches and then it just hangs. Gateway's comment was that their hardware
was working (sending a signal out the LPT1 port) so it's not their problem
and Epson wasn't much help either.
Anyone else experiencing this issue with the Profiles? any other thoughts on
the matter.
Thanks
Dan Weiss, Director
Fanwood Memorial Library