Private IP and firewall

Yi ykong at kenosha.lib.wi.us
Wed Sep 27 17:31:49 EDT 2000

Hi, Our library system want to convert our regular IP to private IP and add a firewall to protect our network. We already use private IP subnet at remote sites. We understand that it is a big project and involves most of the servers, routers and switches, as well as workstation. Does any library has experience on this kind of project and willing to share with us?

We have web server and ILS server in UNIX boxes and DHCP in NT server. Use T1 and frame relay to connect to remote branches and use T1 to access Internet.

Questions we can think of: Location of servers, which need telnet from inside and outside; firewall management; main strategies, etc..

Thanks in advance

Yi Kong
Kenosha Public Library