OCLC Human-Computer Interaction Site now online

Prasse,Mike prasse at oclc.org
Fri Sep 22 15:08:31 EDT 2000

OCLC now has a website devoted to human-computer interaction in libraries:

http://www.oclc.org/usability/

The goal of the site is to be a source of interaction, debate, and
information about how people interact with
 computers in the library environment.

The site covers such topics as:

*	How to do usability testing inexpensively
*	When and why to do paper prototyping
*	Conducting heuristic reviews

The site also has a 'Question of the Week' section for your questions about
user interface design and evaluations.
We'll do our best to provide helpful answers that are supported by research.

This site is intended to be your site. Your comments, requests, and
suggestions will guide its future development.

We have found this technique of listening to users to be quite effective in
developing a usable product!   8-)

- Mike

Mike Prasse
Consulting User Interface Designer