Convert *.doc to *.pdf

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Tue Sep 19 07:12:42 EDT 2000

--On Monday, September 18, 2000 10:46 AM -0700 "Scott W. Sharpe"
<swsharpe at eodls.lib.ok.us> wrote:
> You just have to purchase the Adobe Acrobat software.  This is the full
> version, Adobe Acrobat "reader" is free but can only be used to view .pdf
> files.  The Acrobat software, full version, actually has a "plug-in" for
> MS Word that allows you to convert directly from Word.

And boy is that plug-in neat!  Recently I converted a lengthy document in
which I had use "Header" styles (mainly to keep my own sanity as I edited
the file), but little did I expect that the headers would automatically be
converted to a heirarchical set of bookmarks in the PDF file.  A very nice
bonus!  I get the impression that one must use the distiller plug-in in
order to get this benefit.

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut