[WEB4LIB] RE: Patron Internet Machines

D. Popeck dspp at operamail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:25:01 EDT 2000

>5.5 has got the goods on printing and stability at the moment.  I would like
>be able to disable or delete some menu items on our public machines: mail,
>newsgroups, and edit; I've got other menu items controlled with policies, but
>can't figure out how to get rid of these.  (I did switch the mail item to
send

If you use Winselect's Policy, then you can remove items from the button bar.
Just customize the toolbar (adding or removing buttons) then remove access to
that pulldown menu option with Winselect. You can also edit (by recording
function) the drop down location menu so that one can type in a URL but the
drop down option is unavailable.

D. Popeck
Madison Library