[WEB4LIB] Navigator 4.75

Anne Kaay KaayA at trinitydc.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:28:24 EDT 2000

Hi Julia,

We're using NS 4.75 on staff machines although the public machines still use NS 4.08 as we users cannot use NS Email or other features.  So far, it seems to work fine.

NS 4.75 apparently fixes the "brown hole" problem (see http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2612650,00.html for additional info on this bug).  I didn't see a standalone or browser only (e.g. 4.08 version) on NS's website though so don't know if it's available.  However, there are other ways to block access to email, etc. and I believe that the WEB4LIB archives has quite a few of these tips and tricks (e.g. renaming files).

Not sure how useful this is...

Anne

Anne Kaay
Catalog & Systems Librarian/Coordinator - Women's Information Exchange
Trinity College
Phone: (202)884-9354
Email:  kaaya at trinitydc.edu

>>> Julia Schult <jschult at elmira.edu> 09/08/00 04:12PM >>>
I just discovered that an update to Netscape Navigator 4.08 is
apparently out; Navigator 4.75.  Has anyone else seen this or know about
it?  Has anyone upgraded your public computers to 4.75?

p.s. to Bill Drew: while looking for info on this I happened across
www.instantbooks.com which is affiliated with ZDNet.  They provide
e-books on computer technology.

---Julia E. Schult
Access/Electronic Services Librarian