[WEB4LIB] e-books in technical fields

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Sep 8 15:57:40 EDT 2000

Bill/

>>> "Drew, Bill" <drewwe at snymorva.morrisville.edu> 09/08/00 02:35PM >>>
>We are looking for sources of e-books in technical fields such as
>agriculture, computer science, nursing, automotive, engineering >technology, >construction technology, and related areas.

                                                    [snip]

          For Computer Science may I suggest Academic ITKnowledge.com

                        [ http://academic.itknowledge.com/]

QUOTE

With ITKnowledge, your institution will have access to thousands of full-text IT books and documentation from the leading IT publishers as 29th Street Press, AMACOM Books,  Artech House, Inc., ASP, Inc., CRC Press LLC, DDC Publishing, Inc., Delmar Thomson Learning, Digital Press, IBM Corporation, IDG Books Worldwide, Inc., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Macmillan Computer Publishing, Sybex, Inc., Syngress Publishing, Inc., The Coriolis Group, The McGraw-Hill Companies, Waveside Pubishing, Wordware
Publishing, Inc. and Yggdrasil Computing, Inc.

UNQUOTE

   The first chapters of titles are available with restriction.

   A free 30-day trail is available now through October 15th.

                    [ http://www.ewitkinfo.com/library/ ]

           [We expect our trial to begin in  the very near future]

    Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science Librarian and Bibliographer for Computer Science
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

c: WEB4LIB