list e-books on web page?

Sigrid E Kelsey skelsey at lsu.edu
Fri Sep 1 11:58:26 EDT 2000

LSU has recently subscribed to netLibrary, and we have approximately 10,000
ebooks through them.  I am trying to decide if/how they should be posted on
our web site.  A single link to netLibrary under "databases"? Create a new
category for E-books?

I know that it is common practice for library web sites to list all
ejournals, and all databases on the web site, even though they are in the
catalog, because "people expect to find them there."  Is this also going to
be the trend for ebooks?

Someone suggested that I create a database listing all 10,000 titles, but I
don't have the time or resources to assign them subject headings, and I
don't think a database of books only searchable by title would be very
useful.

I would like read other thoughts on listing ebooks on library web sites.

thanks!
Sigrid
Louisiana State University