[WEB4LIB] Web based email crashing

Phillip Whitford pwhitford at braswelllib.org
Fri Sep 1 07:29:55 EDT 2000

Randy,

Within the last two or three weeks we've had a lot of problems with Hotmail
were it freezes or crashes the browser.  We have not had it crash the whole
computer.   I've also noticed problems with the Hotmail URL. WWW.Hotmail.com
isn't reliable anymore. For awhile I was able to link direct to the Hotmail
login page within MSN but that isn't reliable anymore either so now our
links just go to WWW.msn.com and that appears to work a little better.  We
use Netscape 4.08 on our public systems and when I've experimented with IE 5
Hotmail seems to work a lot better. I don't know the answer but I suspect
Microsoft is heavily optimizing Hotmail for IE.

Phillip B. Whitford
Braswell Memorial Library
Rocky Mount NC
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Braswell Library.