[WEB4LIB] Patron Internet Machines

Darmae Brown DBrown at ci.aurora.co.us
Tue Sep 12 17:16:40 EDT 2000

We are having the same problem with Compaq computers, 128 mb of RAM, Netscape, NT4,  and WinSelect.  Netscape keeps dying and the machines have to be rebooted (or logging in again sometimes works) several times a day.

We haven't found a solution--if someone has one I'd love to hear it!

Thanks,
Darmae Brown

---------------------------------------
Darmae Brown
System Coordinator
Aurora (CO) Public Library
303-739-6622
dbrown at ci.aurora.co.us
All opinions are my own.

>>> "Tasmin R. Nyaforh" <tnyaforh at lawrence.lib.ks.us> 09/12/00 10:36AM >>>
I want to find out if any libraries are having consistent problems with
their patron Internet machines.  It seems as if the stations are constantly
locking up and we hear many grumbles from patrons and staff about the
Internet being down.

We are currently using Compaq computers with 128 MB of RAM.  The only
program we are allowing access to is Netscape Navigator.  We also use Full
Control or Winselect on the Internet stations for security.