[WEB4LIB] Windows millenium(?)

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Oct 30 17:22:48 EST 2000

You may want to search at ZDNet.com or CNet.com for the article that
explains how to upgrade 4 or 5 items in windows 98 and still have a
better system than ME.

Thomas

"Tami-Jo M. Eckley" wrote:

> Forgive me for posting something a bit off-topic but this group is so knowledgeable and accomodating.  I am in the market for 2 new computers - one for my home and one for my husband's store.  He heard that windows ME was something to avoid - which doesn't bother me - I'll stick with windows 98 happily but it seems that all the new computers (we were looking at DELL) come with windows me and no option to select otherwise.  Is this really the case and is windows me really to be avoided?
>
> --
> Tami-Jo Eckley
> Electronic Services & Media Librarian
> Manhattanville College Library
> Purchase, New York 10577
> http://www.mville.edu/library
> Tel:(914) 323-5274
> Fax:(914) 694-8139
> ______________________________________
>
> --

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine