Position:Web Initiatives Mgr.

Kelley Kitrinos kkitrinos at rcl.lib.rochester.edu
Thu Oct 26 15:45:27 EDT 2000

Dear List Colleagues,
We will appreciate your help in connecting us with individuals who may be energized by our new Web Initiatives position,whose challenge will be to revise and augment our library's web presence so as to further integrate our programs and collections with the university's learning agenda.

Thanks,
Phyllis Andrews
Assistant Dean, Public Services & Collection Development
University of Rochester River Campus Libraries
Rochester, NY  14627-0055
pandrews at RCL.LIB.rochester.edu
(716)275-9327

Web Initiatives Manager.
University of Rochester. River Campus Libraries.

Seeks innovative and committed individual to lead the design and development of the library's Web presence as an expression of the library's educational role within the university.  This position will plan and organize the implementation of a completely revamped, user-tested library Web site, and make ongoing recommendations regarding further Web-related developments to facilitate learning and research in the university community.  Arranges for Web technical assistance and expertise as needed. Serves as member of the library's newly formed Digital Unit Team, which reports to the library's senior administrative staff.  Engages and works with library staff for purposes of staff education, project generation and consultation.

Qualifications:

Required:
·	MLS or relevant academic/information technology degree and experience
·	Understanding of the library's integral role in a teaching and research university
·	Evidence of ability to initiate and manage complex projects
·	Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups in project planning, while maintaining decision-making leadership in moving toward finished products
·	Excellent oral and written communication skills
·	Working knowledge of HTML, graphic software, and design
·	Skill in formatting information for ease of access, including ADA compliance
·	Knowledge of DOS/Windows
·	Ability to work effectively in a demanding and rapidly changing technological environment
·	Knowledge of web-based learning in higher education

Preferred:
·	Evidence of creative web development work, particularly in a learning environment
·	Experience assisting college students in the research and writing process
·	Experience with usability testing
·	Facility with web development software such as DreamWeaver, JavaScript, etc.
·	Facility with graphic design software

Salary commensurate with background and experience.  Excellent benefits with choice of retirement programs including TIAA/CREF.

University of Rochester, established in 1850, is a private, Carnegie I [DR Ext.] research university with 7000 students and approximately 1000 faculty.  Library programs and initiatives have established it as a recognized campus partner in student learning and faculty research and teaching. Library memberships include: OCLC, ARL, CRL, CNI.  See the University Home Page: http://www.rochester.edu  and library home page: http://www.lib.rochester.edu  .

Send letter of application addressing how previous experience and personal qualities suggest a good match for this position, a  resume,  and three references' names and addresses to:  Kelley M. Kitrinos, HR Administrator, University of Rochester, Rush Rhees Library, Box A, Rochester NY  14627-0055.  Fax: (716) 273-5309.  Email: kkitrinos at rcl.lib.rochester.edu.  University of Rochester is an equal opportunity employer.

Review of applications will begin on Monday, 20 November and will continue until the position is filled.