[WEB4LIB] Single/dual processor servers and ILLiad

Brian Westra bwestra at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 24 12:52:02 EDT 2000

Dan, I'd echo the idea of separate servers being better, but my comments
relate only to ColdFusion. We are gearing up for production with CF, and
people I talked to at Allaire about an optimal setup stated that more than
2 processors might not offer more bang for the buck, but for applications
with a lot of query caching, at least 512 mb of ram is a good idea (and
more would be better). If you can afford it, separating the database server
from the Web/application server should also improve performance.

Brian Westra
Library Systems Intern
Health Sciences Library, University of Washington
bwestra at u.washington.edu     206-543-7497