[WEB4LIB] customization is a double-edged sword

Dan Marmion dmarmion at nd.edu
Fri Oct 20 10:20:47 EDT 2000

Eric is, of course, straight on target with his final-paragraph suggestion.  If
successfull, it will serve the double purpose of not only protecting those whom
we serve (and ourselves), but it will also go far toward what should be a goal
for all of us, and that is to increase the stature of our profession as
_professional_.  Right on, Eric!

Dan Marmion

Daniel Keith Marmion           email: dmarmion at nd.edu
Associate Director for Information Systems and Access
University of Notre Dame Libraries  http://lib.nd.edu
221 Hesburgh Library, Notre Dame, Indiana  46556-5629
voice: (219) 631-3811             fax: (219) 631-6772
Editor: _Information Technology and Libraries_ (LITA)

           "It's all about access"

Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> (This message is cross-posted to web4lib and pacs-l. Apologies.)

[Likewise, my apologies for a cross-posted response -- DM]

> Customization is a double-edged sword, and are ready to go into the jungle?

[Some good stuff snipped...]