Prospero Help

Hambleton, John JHAMBLET at NMU.EDU
Wed Oct 4 08:36:19 EDT 2000

Apologies, I replied in haste last week.
Said another way, in my experience, the "tiff"
files that Prospero will convert to .pdf need
to have been created by Ariel. I've experimented
with trying to convert Photoshop and other product
tiff files to .pdf with Prospero, and it never worked.
Additionally, I have found that the latest Adobe Acrobat
reader (4.?) downloaded from Adobe's web site works very
well for reading Prospero's .pdfs--again, in my
experience.
Regards,
JH

>Thursday, September 28, 2000, 11:26:59 AM, you wrote:
>
>HJ> The .pdf files need to have been created by Ariel.
>HJ> Also the users should have the most CURRENT version
>HJ> of Acrobat reader.
>
>The pdf files are created by Prospero, not Ariel.  The best place to
>get support for Prospero, besides the Prospero support board, is
>arie-l at listserv.boisestate.edu, the home of all things Ariel, and of
>all things related to Ariel.
>
>dan
>
>--
>Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
>3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA
>www.riverofdata.com  www.postcard.org  www.gailndan.com

+ John S. "Dilbert" Hambleton
+ Computer Scientist and Eccentric
+ Olson Library