[WEB4LIB] Netscape Communicator 4.75

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Oct 3 23:18:08 EDT 2000

CK> Our IT staff told me to uninstall Netscape SmartDownload.  I did and now I can search ARB's catalog, although I still don't know why the catalog is incompatible with SmartDownload in Communicator
CK> 4.75 environment.

The problem occurs because the link you click on is ..../library.exe,
rather than some other type of script/file/page.  NS thinks that you
would want to download an executable, just as if you were downloading
software from a vendor.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA