[WEB4LIB] Question Re: Re: Filter Stories

Will Doherty wild at sfo.com
Fri Oct 13 17:25:29 EDT 2000

The Anti-Defamation League offers filtering software
"that blocks access to Web sites that advocate
 hatred, bigotry or violence towards Jews or other groups on
 the basis of their religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation
 or other immutable characteristics."

That is the only example I know of that fits Jennifer's
criteria of efforts "marketed toward the left", although
their filter may be marketed toward "conservatives" as well.

Will

Will Doherty
Online Policy Group
304 Winfield Street
San Francisco, CA 94110-5512
USA

Tel +1 415 826-3532
Fax +1 415 641-1798 (call first)
Email doherty at onlinepolicy.org
Web http://www.onlinepolicy.org

-------
"Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of sXXXch, or the right
of the people peaceably to XXXemble, and to peXXXion the government for a
redress of grievances." -- Marc Rotenberg

To report incidents of defamation on the Internet,
visit http://www.onlinepolicy.org/defamation.htm

The Online Policy Group provides online policy research, outreach,
and action on issues such as access, privacy, and digital defamation.
-------