[WEB4LIB] Question Re: Re: Filter Stories

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at TCCD.NET
Fri Oct 13 16:46:36 EDT 2000

I'm not aware of any such marketing efforts.
Then, again, I haven't seen much in the way of marketing efforts for any of
the products - they seem to be pretty much driven by word of mouth etc.

BUT -
as to whether it could be set up that way -- sure ---
Any software that has an editable "don't go" list - or "bad word" list can
be configured to block anything you like -- or should that be - don't like.
It's no harder to block God than it is to block godd__n.
Actually - its probably easier -- because I doubt very many of these sites
spend as much time as the porn sites do figuring out trick names and other
ways around filtering.

Paul H. Gray,Manager - Library LAN & CLC
TCC Northeast Campus Library
817-515-6623
"Those Williams boys they still mean a lot to me - - - Hank and Tennessee"