[WEB4LIB] Re: browser problem

Hambleton, John jhamblet at nmu.edu
Fri Oct 13 10:41:44 EDT 2000

>occurs to try to detect a pattern in the failure. Beyond that, I
>appeal to any Windows 3.1 gurus who may have other ideas.
>
>Roy

Well I did forget to offer a couple more ideas:
-Failing my previous suggestions, test your hardware with a
 diagnostic program of some kind. Especially run a memory
 test several times. Also, I remember using Dr. Watson in my
 Windows 3.1 days. I vaguely recall asking Windows 3.1 to
 NOT USE certain areas of possibly damaged memory but
 I forgot how that was done (sorry). BUT...bet there are still
 plenty of Websites out there that offer Windows 3.1 advice.
 Search say, HotBot and find them.
-I have my moments of 'high horsed-ness' myself. And I don't
 even realize what I've done! Hope I haven't done it lately. Seems
 to come with the territory. PC gurus are notorious. Medical
 doctors are sometimes given to similar behavior. No problem--
 you just point it out to them. None of us are perfect.

Have a nice day.
Mr. H

+John S. "Dilbert" Hambleton
+Computer Scientist and Eccentric