[WEB4LIB] Re: CNN: Reference Librarians and the Internet

Mark Stover mstover at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Nov 29 19:01:24 EST 2000

Actually, my 15 year old daughter wears glasses and likes to put her hair
in a bun.  And she's the antithesis of the stereotyped
librarian.   Apparently it's the fashion now among teens in southern
California.  Go figure....

Mark Stover

At 09:57 AM 11/29/2000 -0800, Gerry Mckiernan wrote:

> >http://www.cnn.com/2000/CAREER/trends/11/28/librarians/index.html
>

>       How far *have* we come? The graphic shows a multi-tasking
> individual with a glasses and bun in her hair; this to me harkens back to
> the stereotypic image of the over-worked (and under-paid) spinster librarian.
>[Anyone else see it this way?]
>
>/Gerry McKiernan

Mark Stover, M.L.S., Ph.D.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Librarian
San Diego State University Library
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-8050
Voice: (619) 594-2131
Fax:  (619) 594-3270
Email:  mstover at mail.sdsu.edu
Author of Leading the Wired Organization (Neal-Schuman, 1999)
http://libweb.sdsu.edu/genref/mstover/wired.html
Editor of Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian
http://libweb.sdsu.edu/genref/mstover/bssl.htm