Does this exist?

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Mon Nov 27 14:33:49 EST 2000

--On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:56:59 -0800 "Karen G. Schneider" wrote:
> Assuming that the pictures are first exported in whatever format is
> most reasonable, I would then like to use a tool to do the following:
>
> * Resize them to a standard size and resolution
> * Provide a little cataloging information for each item that would
> display on the web (e.g. "37. Computer Lab, Petticoat Junction, NY,
> 1998")
> * Organize them into a web-based slide show in tolerable HTML
>
> We also don't want to commit any in-house resources to developing
> such a product--we want to buy a piece of software.

Just ran across this.  If you are interested in trying something free,
you might look at "IDS" at <http://ids.sourceforge.net/>.  It requires:

 * a webserver
 * Perl 5.00503 (may work with others)
 * ImageMagick (with PerlMagick) 5.2.2 or later
http://www.imagemagick.org/
 * the Image::Info Perl module http://www.cpan.org/

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut