ALT Tag Weirdness

Erin Kinney EKINNE at state.wy.us
Tue Nov 21 15:42:32 EST 2000

Fellow Web4Lib'ers,

I would like to call upon the collective wisdom of the group to help me with this strange ALT tag problem.  I have a client-side image map that I created in HomeSite 4.5.1 (on a Windows NT 4.0 machine), and the ALT tags for the hyperlinks show up fine in IE 5 and Lynx (version 2?), but they do not show up in Netscape 4.7 and 6.  I have validated the code using several different programs and it comes out fine.  The hyperlinks work, so problem is really just an annoyance.

The page is: http://will.state.wy.us/pilot/index.html  and it is loaded on a Unix server using Apache.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Erin Kinney
Electronic Resources Librarian