[WEB4LIB] browsers and screen sizes

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Tue Nov 21 04:36:19 EST 2000

At 3:38 PM -0800 20/11/2000, Avi Janssen wrote:
>similar question is what percentage of users is using what size/resolution
>monitor.

It's not the the size and resolution of the monitor (which users may
choose to vary anyway) but how much screen space they might WANT to
give to a browser window. Nothing irritates me more that a page with
a fixed pixel width that forces me either to do left-right scrolling
or to give over my whole screen to the browser when I might have
another dozen windows open.

I am sure that most people feel the same way.

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au