[WEB4LIB] Tidy for Frontpage (was re: managing websites and maintaining standards)

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Sat Nov 18 03:18:16 EST 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 07:56:28PM -0800, Tony Barry wrote:
> At 11:03 AM -0800 17/11/2000, Gimon, Charles A wrote:
> >I'll leave the FrontPage issues to someone else. My policy on FrontPage is
> >avoid it at all costs. I've had to clean up after too many FrontPage-created
>
> Anybody had any experience using the tidy program
> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ to clean up Frontpage created
> pages?

I've certainly found Tidy to be a useful Unix tool, tho I don't have any
experience with cleaning up FrontPage code since I refuse to go anywhere
near it  :)

Also worth a look (if you are on a Windows platform) is 'HTML-Kit', a
windows freeware HTML editor that incorporates Tidy as an integrated
component.

Raymond