FW: [WEB4LIB] managing websites and maintaining standards

Gimon, Charles A CAGimon at mpls.lib.mn.us
Fri Nov 17 14:04:39 EST 2000

[...]
> One of my side tasks is to manage the website for the Montana Library
> Association.  This means I receive materials from many different sources
in many
> different formats: Word, Word Perfect and text docs, html and pdf
> files, PowerPoint presentations, etc.

Are you empowered to send around a list of acceptable formats? There are
issues
with receiving materials from the unwashed masses in *any* format--but the
fewer
you have to deal with, the less hassle. (PowerPoint...ick.)

I'll leave the FrontPage issues to someone else. My policy on FrontPage is
avoid it at all costs. I've had to clean up after too many FrontPage-created

messes in the past.

--Charles Gimon
  Web Coordinator
  Minneapolis Public Library