[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape 6 is out

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Nov 14 18:23:04 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Lester" <dan at riverofdata.com>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <web4lib at webjunction.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 6:08 PM
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape 6 is out

> Tuesday, November 14, 2000, 7:20:56 AM, you wrote:
>
> TD> Web4Lib--
>
> TD> Netscape 6 is officially available on
> TD> http://www.netscape.com/download/ -- beating, by barely a month, the
> TD> Netscape 4b1's fourth birthday.
>
> TD> I trust you'll all be upgraded by this afternoon.  :->
>
> Not likely.  There have already been postings on UWEBD about how badly
> it does with CSS.

I find that statement surprising (UWEBD's, not Dan's).  In terms of
correctness and completeness, NS6's CSS support is worlds better than
NS4's--which is saying next to nothing, but still...  I would say informally
that it matches either IE5.5 or Opera 4.x for CSS support--which is saying
quite a bit more.  Did the discussion there mention specific properties?
And were they looking at the final release?

Thomas Dowling
Ohio Library and Information Network
tdowling at ohiolink.edu