Email communication guidelines / standards

Ted Baldwin baldwitw at uc.edu
Mon Nov 6 21:17:37 EST 2000

Hi all -

I am trying to locate some guidelines or standards for email-based
reference, or email-based customer service in general.  Items I am
interested in include: guidelines on replying to messages and formatting
replies, ways to manage 24-hour email service, creating footers and what to
include in them, and training exercises or games for teaching others about
email-based customer service.  I have been perusing a great book called
"Customer Service for Dummies", which has given me some ideas; however, it
doesn't have a lot of detailed guidelines on replying and formatting
messages, or on any standards that have been developed.  Any help would be
appreciated, and I can summarize the results for the list if there is any
interest.

Thanks - Ted

Ted Baldwin
c/o Chemistry/Biology Library