[WEB4LIB]

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Nov 2 13:58:55 EST 2000

I think that those who do use Flash should listen closely to the point
about using non-standard interfaces.  From the article:

"many Flash designers introduce their own nonstandard GUI controls"

I've seen several examples of this just today.  As Nielsen notes, you are
setting up your users [and your work] for failure by forcing them to first
learn a new interface just to be able to maneuver around your presentation
or application.  This isn't a criticism of Flash itself but its
implementation.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library