DOCTYPE declaration for invalid page

Kevin Sullivan internet at mcpl.lib.mo.us
Thu Nov 2 11:48:38 EST 2000

I did some more testing. This may be a function of the <cflocation> tag
in ColdFusion (which is similar to the 'print "Location: $someurl\n\n";'
construct in PERL).

If I paste the URL http://server/title.cfm?id=254&auth=88#form in the
browser, both IE5 and NN4 report auth as being 88. But if I send the URL
to the browser using <cflocation
url="http://server/title.cfm?id=254&auth=88##form"> (escaping the #), IE
5 sees auth as 88#form and NN4 sees auth as 88 (both Win98 and Win2K).

So, I hope I am correct in using the construct mentioned previously
without having to precede the '#' with another '&'.

Thanks for responding.

Kevin Sullivan
Internet Systems Manager
Mid-Continent Public Library