[WEB4LIB] Anyone subscribing to iTKNOWLEDGE.COM?

Vickie Kline vkline at eagle.ycp.edu
Thu Nov 9 13:53:41 EST 2000

We've just started a subscription to ITKnowledge recently.  We don't
have a lot of feedback, but we find it much easier to use than
NetLibrary...

As for coverage, we believe it will be useful for general students.  We
teach a 2-credit information literacy course, so materials on Windows,
Word, PowerPoint, etc. are helpful.  We also have a lot of students
interested in creating web pages.  For business students, there are a
lot of titles that deal with e-commerce.

We also think that ITKnowledge will help with collection management.
IT books typically take up a large amount of space and become outdated
quickly.   Having a self-updating collection that occupies no space is
very appealing!  :-)

Vickie L. Kline                         vkline at ycp.edu
Head of Technical Services
Associate Professor                     Phone:  717-815-1459
					FAX:    717-849-1608
York College of PA - Schmidt Library
York, PA 17405-7199

        Sacred cows make the best hamburger.  [Mark Twain]