[WEB4LIB] RE: How to link to a site

Debra Lords dlords at library.utah.edu
Mon May 15 11:03:55 EDT 2000

A recent (within the last 2 months) court decision came through
on a case in which deep-linking occurred from one web site to
another web site to a page that allowed the user to order concert
ticket without going through higher level pages (on which there
were banner ads).  The court's decision in this particular case
was that deep-linking was an inherent feature of the internet and
decision was with the defendant that the deep linking, in this
instance, was legitimate.

As PHG stated, you're probably OK, but caveat that the decision
was specified to the specific case at hand. If you are nervous,
you can always send e-mail to the webmaster if they list one and
ask permission.  That's the best way to protect yourself legally.

--

Debbie

Debra Lords			Experience is what you
dlords at library.utah.edu		have just right after