[WEB4LIB] Stubborn Icon

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Wed May 3 13:22:19 EDT 2000

I use a program called EzDesk to replace icons to the positions I have
set them at.  I've found that Windows doesn't always remember where the
icons where.  Usually, all of my icons move to a block formation in the
top left of my screen after using a graphics intensive program.  You can
tell EzDesk to take a snapshot of your desktop and save it.  When an
icon is out of place you choose restore.  When running this program from
the StartUp group it will prompt you to restore the position of your
icons if the are out of place when you boot up.  You need to take a
snapshot each time you add an icon to the desktop.  Its only $15.00 to
register according to the web page it is described on but when you go to
the purchase web page it starts at $17.00.  It has other features but
the desktop arrangement is all I use it for.

http://members.aol.com/EzDesk95/index.html

Thomas

Kathy Gaynor wrote:

> And now for something entirely different...
>
> I have an icon on my Windows 95 desktop that refuses to stay put.  I have
> dragged all of the other ones to where I want them to be.  This icon
> refuses to stay put but keeps jumping back to the top left corner whenever
> I start the computer.  Any ideas?
>
> It happens to be the Icon for Netscape but I don't think that should make a
> difference.  My systems person couldn't figure it out.
>
> Obviously, this is no big deal and I can live with it, but it's got me
> curious.  Thanks.
> Kathy M. Gaynor, Reference Librarian            Eden-Webster Library
> (314) 968-6950                                  475 E. Lockwood Ave.
> (314) 968-7113  fax                                     St. Louis, MO  63119
> kgaynor at library2.webster.edu

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine