[WEB4LIB] Teaching an old Catalog New Tricks

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Wed May 3 12:16:34 EDT 2000

Hi Barbara/

>>> Barbara Stewart <stew at library.umass.edu> 05/03/00 07:48AM >>>
>I'm preparing for a presentation in June entitled: You >CAN >Teach an Old Catalog New Tricks, and I would be very >grateful for any information concerning:

                    [snip]
>I'm looking for the snazzy stuff - cutting edge Webpacs.

    I'm pleased to learning about your forthcoming presentation.
You may be interested in my clearinghouse devoted to innovative OPACs called _Onion Patch(sm): New Age Public Access Systems_ available at:

  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Onion.htm

Onion Patch(sm): New Age Public Access Systems is a clearinghouse devoted to projects, research, products and services that support or demonstrate alternative approaches to Second Generation OPACs and other current online public catalogs and indexes. Onion Patch(sm) also includes descriptions of novel visual interfaces with features and functionalities that potentially can enhance public access systems.

     Best of Luck with your presentation! I'd appreciate a citation for inclusion in the _Onion Patch_ bibliography
[which I believe will also be of interest to you]

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

  "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                   Alan Kay

c: WEB4LIB