[WEB4LIB] Stubborn Icon

Mary Platt mplatt at kennesaw.edu
Wed May 3 09:07:11 EDT 2000

I have the same annoying problem on just one workstation (out of 60 or
so).  It affects all the application icons.  They even sit on top of
each other.  They all want to be on the left edge of the screen.  It is
not running under "policies" and user policy is set to "all users.. same
desktop."  I've tinkered with it dozens of times setting, saving,
checking registry for some clue.  I've have had others look at it as
well.  No one has ever seen this problem before. Any ideas?

Mary Platt, MS, MHP
Assistant Librarian
Coordinator of Electronic Reference Services
Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA  30144
770-423-6197
mplatt at kennesaw.edu

>>> Kathy Gaynor <kgaynor at library2.webster.edu> 05/02/00 12:09PM >>>
And now for something entirely different...

I have an icon on my Windows 95 desktop that refuses to stay put.  I
have
dragged all of the other ones to where I want them to be.  This icon
refuses to stay put but keeps jumping back to the top left corner
whenever
I start the computer.  Any ideas?

It happens to be the Icon for Netscape but I don't think that should
make a
difference.  My systems person couldn't figure it out.

Obviously, this is no big deal and I can live with it, but it's got me
curious.  Thanks.
Kathy M. Gaynor, Reference Librarian		Eden-Webster
Library
(314) 968-6950					475 E. Lockwood Ave.
(314) 968-7113  fax					St. Louis, MO
63119