Screen capture software for web presentations

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Tue May 16 23:22:04 EDT 2000

I want to save web pages so we can use them for demos to classes when
our network is down.  I was looking in the Web4lib archives and the
threads dealing with this were at least two years old - some of the
software recommended is no longer available.

Ideally, I'd like to present these from a web browser, so I don't want
to use screen shots, I want actual captures of the full web pages so the
presenters can scroll to the part of the page they want.  Some of the
web databases we get are using frames and others using javascript
generated windows and I want the canned demo to simulate an actual web
session as much as possible.

There was some discussion here that Webwhacker v.3 was kind of buggy,
but v.2 doesn't seem to be available now.  What are you folks using that
you are happy with.  (If you want to warn me off some software or other,
that's useful information as well!)

--
Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries