[WEB4LIB] Re: Naming of Library [computer] appliances (OPAC or not)

Jean Heriot heriot at olywa.net
Thu Mar 30 16:44:34 EST 2000

> >> What I am wanting from you is to know what do you call
> >> your OPACs (the
> >> device that accesses your library databases)
>
> >How about BOB. It's nice and short, and a palindrome so the
> >borrowers will soon get to know it backwards!
>
> I like that one...it sounds so reassuring and helpful. :-)

The Church of the SubGenius strikes again?

Sorry - anyway, I had the library-ese acronym "INNOPAC" linked on our web
page for a while, until I got puzzled email from our users, asking where the
library catalog was.  So now I have named the link "Library catalog"  - this
seems to work just fine.

-Jean
Wash State Dept of Transportation Liibrary
heriotj at wsdot.wa.gov
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/hq/library/