[WEB4LIB] Re: netscape quitting

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Mar 24 22:57:32 EST 2000

PS> Here at North Suburban Library System we've had similar stability problems with
PS> Netscape 4.7 and we've had to go back to earlier versions (4.5 seems okay).
PS> Perhaps you could try that one.

We've had so much trouble with all the versions of netscape that we've
removed them from all public machines, which are now IE5 only.  Some
staff keep various versions of NS on their machines, but we do NOT
support them if they have any problems.

If/when the new NS comes out we'll look at it and try it....and see if
it is worth messing with.  Having made the move away from NS, it would
take quite a bit for us to move back to it.

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID  83716-7115  USA
dan at 84.com   www.84.com   www.postcard.org  208-383-0165