[WEB4LIB] Cache in Netscape and IE

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Mar 23 14:52:07 EST 2000

Just a reminder to those who still view the world through the Netscape browser that stand-alone version 4.08 provides all the functionality that Communicator 4.5 + provides [Javascript, stable Java, some CSS support, etc. - unless you want a shopping bag on your toolbar...]  Unless you specifically need one of the other Communicator components, I would strongly advise using Navigator 4.08 if you have it deployed in a public setting.  It often is more stable than Communicator [definitely less bloated!] and much easier to lock down against patron "adjustments".

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI