LCD monitors

Lorilie Roundtree lround at directcon.net
Wed Mar 22 15:48:57 EST 2000

Greetings all,

I'm fairly new to the list and haven't posted anything yet.  I work in a
small academic library and the staff has been given the opportunity to
purchase some new computers for both the reference desk and for patron
use.  We've been thinking about purchasing the LCD flat monitors because
of space, but have some concerns -- chiefly whether they hold up well in
such a public setting, and whether patrons will be able to scroll
through Internet pages without the image blurring.  I searched this
list's archives, but did not find much.  Has anybody out there had
experience using LCD monitors under these circumstances?  If so did you
have any problems with these monitors?  Would you recommend them?

I will appreciate any help you can give me,

Lorilie Roundtree