[WEB4LIB] digital cameras

Jim Rible Rible at sou.edu
Fri Mar 17 15:11:51 EST 2000

We have the Sony Mavica MVC-FD91.  It uses diskettes as the "film" and saves images at varying resolutions.    It has zoom, steady shot, and many other features.  It saves in both jpg and bmp formats.  While the jpg is a lossy format, it serves our purposes very well.  You can take a picture, pop out the diskette, and put it on the web in minutes.

Jim Rible

>>> "Elizabeth Badeaux 225.231-3720" <ebadeaux at CLSN3244.ebr.lib.la.us> 03/16/00 07:06AM >>>
Good morning all,

We are considering purchasing a digital camera for use in taking
pictures for our public library's web page. I have begun reading reviews
of different ones, but am curious to hear some recommendations both of
brands and of various features to look for when purchasing one.  I'm not
all that familiar with these, and don't want either to pay for features we
don't really need nor purchase one that it so "bare bones" that it won't
meet our needs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?  I'd love to hear
from you.

Thanks so much.

Elizabeth Badeaux			Voice:	225-231-3720
Librarian, Computer Division		Fax:	225-231-3788
East Baton Rouge Parish Library		E-mail:	ebadeaux at ebr.lib.la.us
7711 Goodwood Blvd.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806