[WEB4LIB] Do We Still Need Online Catalog Vendors?

Mack Lundy malund at mail.wm.edu
Fri Mar 3 13:32:31 EST 2000

This is an interesting idea and I can see the MARC format being replaced
by something less rigid and more web oriented.  The web interface is
becoming a standard for public display.  That said, there are functions
other than searching that are performed by library management systems.
I wonder how Circulation, Acquisitions, and Serials control would fit
into this dynamic web site model.

Mack

--
Mack Lundy (malund at mail.wm.edu)