finding netscape versions (was netscape quitting)

Carole Leita carole at leita.org
Sun Mar 26 09:15:19 EST 2000

The way to avoid all the Netscape Web pages hoo-hah, and yet get the
software from the official source, is to go directly to Netscape's FTP
site. From ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/ you can get versions
4.03 on - all flavors. If you want older, go to
ftp://archive:oldies@archive.netscape.com/archive/index.html - their
products archive.  Back in the old days when they were releasing a new
version every few months it was also good to know that you could go to
servers ftp2 through ftp8 if the main FTP server was busy.

Carole Leita
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet, http://lii.org/
InFoPeople Trainer/Consultant, http://infopeople.org/